As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT parts discussion (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT parts discussion
Chain Chomp
Re:OT parts discussion 12 Years, 5 Months ago
I have asked ELECTRON for their official answer about the possibility of having 1 part per pattern.
Also aked if not possible then what about a global 64 part set for all patterns.
Then again if not possible asked if sample slot selection can be disconnected from the parts and become a per part setting along with scene selection, mutes and mixer level?
I hope they answer my question. Will let you know about it.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
what if you´d have 4 patterns per bank and and each pattern has it´s own part?

well, you have that now. it´s just a matter of setting it up and saving that as a template, isn´t it?
Cappy
what if you´d have 4 patterns per bank and and each pattern has it´s own part?

well, you have that now. it´s just a matter of setting it up and saving that as a template, isn´t it?

Yes, the last part you selected for the pattern will be the part that is selected when you come back to that particular pattern. So you can have any of the 4 parts automatically load with whatever pattern you are using. So you can go from pattern 1, part 1 to pattern 9, part 4 without having to switch any parts after you change to a different pattern. I did end up doing this the first time I messed with parts and having to totally differnt songs in the same bank kinda threw me off. But I am also completely new to elektrons. Only been messing for a week now.

The more I knock my noodle around parts the more they make sense. I think you just have to think of banks as your songs for different sample kits and leave parts to just about everything else.

I think using parts to assign input parameters and thur machines and different fx and even more scenes might make the most sense.
Chain Chomp
kraftf wrote:
I have asked ELECTRON for their official answer about the possibility of having 1 part per pattern.
Also aked if not possible then what about a global 64 part set for all patterns.
Then again if not possible asked if sample slot selection can be disconnected from the parts and become a per part setting along with scene selection, mutes and mixer level?
I hope they answer my question. Will let you know about it.

Electron team kindly answered my question stating that anything is possible.
However the decision for having 4 parts per bank has been greatly considered in the design process and is thought to be enough for every user's needs. One reason they say that they did not choose to have 1 part per pattern is the fact that patterns would have to load every time their fx causing long decays in reverbs and delays to cut off abruptly.
Well although this is true I think that the possibility of having access to 256 parts per project would be ideal for all users as long as there is an option to tie whichever pattern to whichever part you want to. Just like how it is handled now with the difference that the parts would be 256 and global for all patterns instead of 4 per 16 patterns(1 bank)
So after receiving this answer I would say all of you that would like to extend the number and usability of parts send your requests to Electron. They will probably consider it if they get high feedback regarding this issue.
That's interesting, and makes sense.
Ideally, switching parts would be hardly noticeable (or not at all). I'm sure it's something they strive for.

I just submitted a bug the other day that sounds like it might be related to something similar.
When switching banks with one pattern playing into another, some of the samples on the first step weren't triggered immediately. I had copied the part from one bank to the pattern on the next bank, but of course it's just a copy, and still has to load when you switch banks. They couldn't immediately reproduce it from my description but I zipped up a project and sent it in. We'll see what they say. The guy working on it was very helpful & quick to reply, but did mention he was out of office until later this month.
Go to top Post Reply